Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 and RBS50 constantly dropping

abimor
Aspirant

RBR50 and RBS50 constantly dropping

so I have a router and 1 satelite that are constantly dropping the satelite crashes about every ten minutes. I followed the advice in this thread https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-satellite-dropping-connection/td-p/1338235 and rolled back the firm ware to no avail. I have totaly unplugged the satelite as its useless my connection with the router is about 2 out of three bars. I am not loosing my connection on anything except my xbox one now its just the signal is not that strong this is very frustrating. Can anyone from support please help me?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: RBR50 and RBS50 constantly dropping

Move the sat closer to the router.

Message 2 of 4
abimor
Aspirant

it was working fine until about a month ago, since then its been droping. its distance to the router is not the problem there are no walls in between its a straight shot less then 20 feet. 

Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

2 things... wireless environments do not remain static.  Distance between the sats and the routers decreased with the 2.0.x releases.  If they're disconnecting, move the sat closer, whether that is 50 feet or 10 feet.  If the sat can't connect to the router, then clients connected to the sat will not work.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7