Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 and Update V1.9.1.12, PPPOE/DSL internet link goes down every other day or so

Random12
Apprentice

RBR50 and Update V1.9.1.12, PPPOE/DSL internet link goes down every other day or so

Since last Friday I've had three or so occasions where the my Orbi router cannot connect to the Internet. Everything is working, suddenly you notice on your wireless device you can't access the internet, happens for both wired and wirelss devices in the house. When I check the router, it says the Internect connection is down. The PPPOE link looks down, the router has no public IPv4 address assigned to it anymore. 

The interesting thing is that it started last Friday for the 1st time, and I noticed after the fact a new firmware is out, in addition, the new firmware automatically got installed on my system.

Has anybody else seen anything like this on the new firmware? The device logs don't seem to show anything about this.

Thansk in advance.

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBR50 and Update V1.9.1.12, PPPOE/DSL internet link goes down every other day or so

Hello Random12

Have you checked your modem at the same time to see if it had lost internet connection?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
ddalbroi
Aspirant

Re: RBR50 and Update V1.9.1.12, PPPOE/DSL internet link goes down every other day or so

I had the same issue on my Orbi RBR40 router. I found the PPPoE connection on my WAN link would occasionally drop out and would not reconnect until the router was rebooted; I was running the latest 2.0.0.56 firmware version.

After downgrading the firmware to the previous version 1.12.0.20 I no longer have the issue.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7