Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 basic Internet status glitch (

TC10
Tutor

RBR50 basic Internet status glitch (

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 11.39.05 AM.pngRBR50 with current firmware V2.7.2.104
Is anyone else getting this glitch on the basic status page?  I continuely get this error that I am not connected to the Internet even though I am connected.
Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 11.40.29 AM.png

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
TC10
Tutor

Re: RBR50 basic Internet status glitch (

I uploaded 2 screenshots that are not showing?

Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Please use the Choose File button when you post to include your capture files as these can be downloaded and reviewed. Inline Pictures have to be approved by the forum moderator.

Message 3 of 9
TC10
Tutor

ok, it does not look like I can delete or edit my post so I guess I have to leave it to the forum moderators. 

Message 4 of 9
TC10
Tutor
FURRYe38
Guru

Your ISP Modem already has a built in router and wifi. This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

I would also power OFF the ISP modem and RBR for 30 seconds, then back ON with the modem first, then RBR. 

Message 6 of 9
TC10
Tutor

@FURRYe38 
I have 4 Nestcams that will only run on 2.4GHz network in Canada.  I also live in an older stucco (faraday interference) house with an addition so the wifi does not get around the house.
End result is that I require 3 wifi networks for the Nestcams in different areas of our home.
So I need the Orbi network for 1 Nestcam, the Shaw Hitron wifi network for another Nestcam and I have a Dlink powerline wifi for 2 more Nestcams. All working fine, currently.

These Nestcams have been working fine (mostly) for a few years until recent Orbi network upgrades. 
The Nestcams are all working fine, I just get the orbi sometimes flashing white, sometime magenta and this glitch even though the Orbi is showing 130Mb download and 15Mb upload in the Orbi RBR50 speedtest in browser and iPhone app.

Also "I would also power OFF the ISP modem and RBR for 30 seconds, then back ON with the modem first, then RBR. "  I have doen this several times.  

Message 7 of 9
TC10
Tutor

I have done a reinstall of the firmware in proper order on the RBR50 and satelltite from a new download from the Netgear website for each device. The glitch continues.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd try one of the suggestions mentioned. Your ISP Modem/router maybe causing this. I'm on v104 and have not seen this ever, however I don't have a modem/router online currenly with my RBK50. 

@TC10 wrote:

@FURRYe38 
I have 4 Nestcams that will only run on 2.4GHz network in Canada.  I also live in an older stucco (faraday interference) house with an addition so the wifi does not get around the house.
End result is that I require 3 wifi networks for the Nestcams in different areas of our home.
So I need the Orbi network for 1 Nestcam, the Shaw Hitron wifi network for another Nestcam and I have a Dlink powerline wifi for 2 more Nestcams. All working fine, currently.

These Nestcams have been working fine (mostly) for a few years until recent Orbi network upgrades. 
The Nestcams are all working fine, I just get the orbi sometimes flashing white, sometime magenta and this glitch even though the Orbi is showing 130Mb download and 15Mb upload in the Orbi RBR50 speedtest in browser and iPhone app.

Also "I would also power OFF the ISP modem and RBR for 30 seconds, then back ON with the modem first, then RBR. "  I have doen this several times.  

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7