Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 cannot find one of its two satellites (RBS50)

thetwin
Aspirant

RBR50 cannot find one of its two satellites (RBS50)

I have two RBS50 satellites connecting to RBR50. One of the satellites closer to the router failed to connect. Sync did work. The white light flashed but did not progress to any color lights.  None of them were moved. No changes to the network either. The router and the good satellite has firmware version 2.1.2.18. Unable to check the firmware version of the failing satellite. 

The products are still under hardware warranty but not for service. This particular RBS50 serves ARLO cameras. I am a bit worried leaving it offline. Please see attached screenshot - but not sure if it would help. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 5
thetwin
Aspirant

Clarification: Sync did not work even when placed next to the RBR50. Not able to get any solid colors. It flashed white for a bit and then nothing. Not able to get to the IP directly either (makes sense when the satellite is not even on the Connected Devices list). 

Any suggestions? Or is it time to return this? Thanks.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Is Daisy Chain feature enabled on the router? 

I would turn OFF the 1st Satellite and then try to attache the 2nd one. 

How big is the building? You may not need both satellites?

Message 3 of 5
thetwin
Aspirant

I think Daisy Chain feature was on by default. I was not able to make it work consistently either way.

This three-piece kit is used in the home office environment where one of the satellites hosts wired ARLO cameras and SmartThings. The second satellite is in the home office (not in the main house). It has its own wired connections including NAS.  Hence, the need for both.

Actually, we have been having issues with this Orbi kit for a while now. I had to reboot them often but have not spent the time to look into it. Despite these recent issues, I really like the performance, feature set, and ease of administration. 

Message 4 of 5
thetwin
Aspirant

Thanks also for your input. Cheers.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7