Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 connect to La Crosse weather stations

DLSluys
Follower

RBR50 connect to La Crosse weather stations

Unable to isolate a 2.4 GHz radio so my devices can connect. I would appreciate any suggestions and have tried going to the outer edges of the radio range.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 connect to La Crosse weather stations

Please post about this over in the main Orbi AX forum for your model Orbi:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Good Luck.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/orbi-20-cannot-connect-Swann-Camera/m-p/1822475/highlight/true...

@DLSluys wrote:

Unable to isolate a 2.4 GHz radio so my devices can connect. I would appreciate any suggestions and have tried going to the outer edges of the radio range.

Message 2 of 4
Bandito
Luminary

I've read that you can simply go into the RBR50's webpage and turn off the 5 GHz radio, then connect your weather station, and finally, re-enable your 5 GHz radio and you should be good to go.

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Just a minor technicality:  There is no option to "turn off" the radio.  On the Orbi web interface, the Advanced Tab, Advanced Setup, Wireless Settings, there is a check box "Enable SSID Broadcast".  Uncheck that box for the 5G network and click "Apply".

Then, return to the smartphone, go to settings, and "Forget" the Orbi WiFi.  It will bring up a list of nearby WiFi access points.  Select the Orbi WiFi, enter the password, and connect.  The phone should now be connected to the 2.4G channel.  Meanwhile, all the devices that were originally connected to the 5G channel remain working.  i.e. the radio is not "turned off".

After finishing the setup, return to the Orbi web interface, check the "Enable" box, and "Apply".

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7