Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 connected to wifi but blocking fire stick and some apps

Maquis
Follower

RBR50 connected to wifi but blocking fire stick and some apps

Hi. I hope someone can help. 

Im not massively technical, so I hope it’s a simple issue to fix. 

Ive has my orbi RBR50 for about a year and it’s been pretty good, until recently. 

Using my iPad, I can still use safari to browse the internet and use outlook, but it won’t let me update apps in the App Store, and some game apps won’t connect. The orbi app itself won’t let me update the firmware. It has been updated within the last year, but I can’t even check if it’s still up to date now. 

With the exception of the orbi app, I can do all the others if I use a different network, showing it is the orbi at fault. 

I have a similar problem when I try to use my fire stick. It logs onto the orbi network but says that it’s not connected to the internet when it is.

Also my little boys tablet will no longer acces the internet when connected. 

It seems to me like there is some kind of firewall that’s been activated, blocking certain sites /devices, but I can’t see where to change the settings. Speed tests seem fine.

thanks in advance

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Gbhanot
Aspirant

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Maquis

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Do you have Disney Circle enabled? Are we just having issue with your iPad only? 

Here's the reference of how to update firmware: https://kb.netgear.com/000058278/

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7