Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 current version

amt1a351
Follower

RBR50 current version

Hello,

I noticed that my current firmware version is V2.3.5.30 but on the netgear website it says version 2.5.1.8 is out as of 12 Dec 19.  I guess my question is shouldn't it let me know there is an update when I force it to check for an update?  It just tells me, "No new firmware version available."  I know I could manually update it but I'm not 100% positive the firmware is for my device?  Trying to see if anyone else is having this issue?

Thanks,

Jason

P.S.  I've attached a screenshot of my current version and it saying on new firmware version available.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Re: RBR50 current version

Netgear disabled autoupdate of firmware due to many issues that it has caused, and based on feedback and requests from customers.  If v2.3.x is working for you, then you are fine staying on it.  If you want the latest v2.5.1.8, then you have to manually install it, download it from https://www.netgear.com/suppzio fort/product/RBK53.aspx#download

Download the zip file for both the router and satellite

Unzip the files

Manually upgrade the firmware on the satellites first using the RBS-v2.5.1.8.img file

Finally, upgrade the firmware on the router using the RBR-v2.5.1.8.img file

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7