Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 - disconnects from internet every other day or so - requiring reboot to reconnect

Ghost71
Guide

RBR50 - disconnects from internet every other day or so - requiring reboot to reconnect

RBR50, firmware V2.3.5.30 The whole house loses connection regularly, call it every other day or so. Requires a reboot from either the APP, or logging into the router from a computer in the home (the local net works just fine, only the internet connection goes down). Once a 2 minute reboot occurs, the router connectivity is restored. Saw some comments on V2.3.5.30 having problems. Is this one of the problems it has? If so, any idea when a fix is scheduled? If not, what else can it be? Please don't go into the square footage of my house, the size of my house has nothing to do with the dropped connection needing a reboot. Many thanks for any helpful response people wiser than I can provide.
Message 1 of 7
Ghost71
Guide

Re: RBR50 - disconnects from internet every other day or so - requiring reboot to reconnect

Sorry, I should add that the Orbi has one satellite (if that matters) which is 20 feet away or so. The main Orbi does not connect to a modem of any kind, goes right into the network jack.
Message 2 of 7
Ghost71
Guide

I see that someone else has the exact same issue: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-occasionally-doesn-t-route-Internet-traffic/td-p/17... I'll try this solution and report back here, even though I'm essentially talking to myself.
Message 3 of 7
Ghost71
Guide

Some additional information, in case anyone cares (thus far, no one seems to!) Every time the internet access disconnects (which, again, is every day or every other day), logging into the router and performing a "release" and "renew" establishes connection. No idea why I have to do this.\
Message 4 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Ghost71

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 7
LadySapphy
Guide

Alst 2 or 3 firmwares I have had an issue where I loose internet connectivity though ther ORBI.  It says it is connected but no packets will pass thought.  

Message 6 of 7
Ghost71
Guide

Message replied to with requested information.  Thank you for showing interest, Bianca.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7