Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 downgraded itself

Aggie88
Apprentice

RBR50 downgraded itself

About an hour ago I lost internet through the house (WiFi and ethernet) and went to investigate.  I found the Orbi Router (RBR50) blinking like it does when it is rebooted.  It was strange to me since I have my cable modem and the Orbi router on an UPS.  I looked in the logs and it shows that it reinitialized itself (and now the strange part) with firmware 2.5.2.4.  When I go to the firmware upgrade page it shows the router on 2.5.2.4 and the satellites on 2.7.3.22.  Everything has been on 2.7.3.22 since last July.  I'm wondering if my router will update itself again overnight.  I'll look at things again tomorrow morning.  This event is just strange to me.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You might want to update the RBR back to v.22.

Let us know what happens...

Message 2 of 4
Aggie88
Apprentice

I agree about updating but I wanted to see if it did it on its own overnight.  At just after 3AM this morning, the RBR50 updated itself back to .22 per the logs.  I'm just perplexed why the downgrade happened but I know that sometime things happen 🙂

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Is very odd. Have not seen this before. Possible someone at the NG auto update services did something incorrectly and then changed it back. 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7