Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 firmware updates beyond 2.5.1.8

iqgrande
Follower

RBR50 firmware updates beyond 2.5.1.8

Greetings:

I have a RBR50 with 2x RBS50 satellites. Anyways, I updated the firmware to version 2.5.1.8 and haven't seen updates in a while. However, in that time, I've seen NETGEAR release updates to their Orbi lineup. So, will my RBR50 & RBS50 continue to receive firmware updates from NETGEAR or have they reached EOL with regards to support? Thank you for your help with this. 

Kind regards,

Anthony

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Re: RBR50 firmware updates beyond 2.5.1.8

Since they are still selling them, they better not be EOL.  Someone from NG would have to chime in.  I know there are several open known bugs reported against v2.5.1.8 for them to fix.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 firmware updates beyond 2.5.1.8

No. Just because you haven't seen a FW update in a while doesn't mean a system is EOL. 

FW update cycles can be anywhere from 6 to 9 months or longer. Kind of depends on problems found by users, reported by users and problems being actual problems that are reproduced by NG themselves. 

If your not having any problems with your system then enjoy it. Doesn't mean you have to update FW all the time. 

@iqgrande wrote:

Greetings:

I have a RBR50 with 2x RBS50 satellites. Anyways, I updated the firmware to version 2.5.1.8 and haven't seen updates in a while. However, in that time, I've seen NETGEAR release updates to their Orbi lineup. So, will my RBR50 & RBS50 continue to receive firmware updates from NETGEAR or have they reached EOL with regards to support? Thank you for your help with this. 

Kind regards,

Anthony

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7