Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 keep disconnecting at random times

avicar
Aspirant

RBR50 keep disconnecting at random times

Hi Community,

After a lot of searching I bought an Orbi RBR50 with 2 Satelights. Was easy to set up and internet speed was great.

After a day or two it started disconnecting from the internet at least 3 or 4 times a day.... This is really really annoying and doesn't match a high end mesh like Orbi and the price it costs.

I'm minutes away from returning it.

Data -

1. Every time there is no internet at the house, disconnecting the cable to the wall (internal from ISP is directly from the wall, no router or log-in needed) and connecting back solves the problem
  2. Reading around the community there was an advise to change the lease timer, i changed it to 750 through telnet. Nothing changed.
  3. I contacted Orbi support and they made me downgrade Firmware to 2.3.5.20. Nothing changed. I still get disconnects at least 3 times a day

At this point I'm out of solution. This is really disapointing for a procut like this and I'd appreciate help

thank you

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR50 keep disconnecting at random times

It would help to know exactly what the internet service is.  "Internet cable to the wall" sounds like "not a typical cable TV distribution".

Is there perhaps a typo in the firmware that Netgear recommended?  i.e. 2.3.5.30 rather than "20"?

Message 2 of 8
avicar
Aspirant

Hi there, thank you for trying to help out !!

Yes about the typo - It is V2.3.5.30 indeed

About the internet, I'm connected through Frontier in the US. Sorry for not knowing the actual profession terms. What I meant is that the connection doesn't require any user/PW. You can plug-in your cable directly to the wall and you have internet and this is where Orbi is connected and how it was configured.

I just another disconnect and looked at the logs if that helps.

[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.10, Friday, April 17, 2020 22:42:55
[UPnP set event: del_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.10, Friday, April 17, 2020 22:42:30

--------- at this point there was no internet and I went and disconnected the cable and connected it back
[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.10, Friday, April 17, 2020 22:41:26
[admin login] from source 192.168.1.10, Friday, April 17, 2020 22:41:13
[UPnP set event: del_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.10, Friday, April 17, 2020 22:41:08
[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.10, Friday, April 17, 2020 22:40:05

Message 3 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Probably a good idea to determine which device in your network has IP address 192.168.1.10

When I Google for "UPnP set event: del_nat_rule" I find lots of results about Windows Media Player.

There is a setting in the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, Advanced Settings, UPnP where you can turn UPnP on or off.

Do you have devices or services that require UPnP?

Message 4 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The fact that even NG support is advising users to revert to  2.3.5.30 should be proof alone for the disbelievers who hold on to their dozens of useless questions 

Message 5 of 8
avicar
Aspirant

Can someone suggest a solution please ?

thank you about the reply on UPnP but I wasn't clear if you think that the fact that it is enabled is the source of the disconnects or not. I do see many past posts debating whether to turn it off or not but we do have XBOX and I need it to continue working. Would stuggle with XBOX only if UPnP is the source which I didn't see a definite post saying it is from NG

This is a great product when it works. If it continue disconnecting I'm going to return to the store and never buy NG again. It is really quie embarassing that I need to deal with such a thing on my own. I expect such a high end product to be ressilient to whatever is cauing this

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

NG isn't advising users to revert FW when new FW has been made available:

https://kb.netgear.com/000061838/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-5-1-16

@avicar wrote:

Hi Community,

After a lot of searching I bought an Orbi RBR50 with 2 Satelights. Was easy to set up and internet speed was great.

After a day or two it started disconnecting from the internet at least 3 or 4 times a day.... This is really really annoying and doesn't match a high end mesh like Orbi and the price it costs.

I'm minutes away from returning it.

Data -

1. Every time there is no internet at the house, disconnecting the cable to the wall (internal from ISP is directly from the wall, no router or log-in needed) and connecting back solves the problem
  2. Reading around the community there was an advise to change the lease timer, i changed it to 750 through telnet. Nothing changed.
  3. I contacted Orbi support and they made me downgrade Firmware to 2.3.5.20. Nothing changed. I still get disconnects at least 3 times a day

At this point I'm out of solution. This is really disapointing for a procut like this and I'd appreciate help

thank you

Message 7 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The fact that even NG support is advising users to revert to  2.3.5.30 should be proof alone for the disbelievers who hold on to their dozens of useless questions 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7