Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 keeps disconnecting from Internet after modem reboot

jservos
Aspirant

RBR50 keeps disconnecting from Internet after modem reboot

I recently bought a new ARRIS S33 modem and had a lot of problems connecting my RBR50. Finally after several factory resets, I was able to re-set everything up. This morning I rebooted my ARRIS modem and the Orbi disconnected form the internet again. I've now tried everything possible, including more factory re-sets - orbi will not connect to the internet. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
jservos
Aspirant

Re: RBR50 keeps disconnecting from Internet after modem reboot

Confirming orbi is using the latest firmware 

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 7
jservos
Aspirant

I did have it on before the the factory resets and now I'm trying to go through the set-up process again. It's not recognizing my internet connection so I can't get as far as disabling the meter. 

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure you power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds then back ON, then walk thru the setup wizard on the RBR after the reset. TM will be disabled by default. 

Message 5 of 7
jservos
Aspirant

Yes, I just completed that cycle for the thrid time. It keeps failing to find a internet connection during set-up. And that's confirming that I've reset the orbi, then unplugged my isp modem and re-following the orbi set-up steps. 

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Swap out the lan cable between the modem and RBR for a different one? CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7