Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 keeps losing internet since firmware 2.7.2.104 update

ChuckTbaum
Tutor

RBR50 keeps losing internet since firmware 2.7.2.104 update

Ever since I updated the Firmware to 2.7.2.104 I have intenret issues. When I bypass the router and connect direct to the modem its fne but The Orbi has no internet. I can login and see the Orbi and the 2 satelites but no internet. If I power cycle them then they will work again for a while but soon stops again.

Anyone else having these issues? Can I go back to previous stable Firmware?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 46
vajim
Master

@ChuckTbaum wrote:

Ever since I updated the Firmware to 2.7.2.104 I have intenret issues. When I bypass the router and connect direct to the modem its fne but The Orbi has no internet. I can login and see the Orbi and the 2 satelites but no internet. If I power cycle them then they will work again for a while but soon stops again.

please do a search in this forum

lots of discussion about faulty  2.7.2.104

Message 2 of 46
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

v104 works for me. 

@ChuckTbaum wrote:

Message 3 of 46
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

none of the above will recitfy 2.7.2.104

Message 4 of 46
ChuckTbaum
Tutor

Yes, once I starting having problems I shut ISP modem and Orbi router and both satellites down for 5 minutes then brought up modem and connected direct to modem with normal internet. I then brought Orbi router back up untl it was full online then each satellite seperately. Interent will then work for a while then eventually will stop again, When it does, I disconnect the Orbi and connect direct to modem without restartng the modem and I have internet.

I have had this Orbi for 2 years with no change in configuration. the only change is firmware. Maybe a factory reset is the next step?

Message 5 of 46
vajim
Master

@ChuckTbaum wrote:

Yes, once I starting having problems I shut ISP modem and Orbi router and both satellites down for 5 minutes then brought up modem and connected direct to modem with normal internet. I then brought Orbi router back up untl it was full online then each satellite seperately. Interent will then work for a while then eventually will stop again, When it does, I disconnect the Orbi and connect direct to modem without restartng the modem and I have internet.

I have had this Orbi for 2 years with no change in configuration. the only change is firmware. Maybe a factory reset is the next step?

as long as you don't end up with 2.7.2.104 again

Message 6 of 46
ChuckTbaum
Tutor

It sounds like the best solution is to use an older router until NG releases a new stable firmware unless I can install an older stable firmware.

Message 7 of 46
vajim
Master

@ChuckTbaum wrote:

It sounds like the best solution is to use an older router until NG releases a new stable firmware unless I can install an older stable firmware.

key word is stable.....to me that means allow time for the early users to jump on it before you grab it.  With NG the early birds usually are first in here with their complaints

Message 8 of 46
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, give the factory reset a a try. If it fails, then revert back to last working FW version.

@ChuckTbaum wrote:

Message 9 of 46
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Yes, give the factory reset a a try. If it fails, then revert back to last working FW version.

@ChuckTbaum wrote:

as stated by the moderator, NG is working on a fix.  factory reset will not fix this.

Message 10 of 46
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

@ChuckTbaum wrote:

You can stay at 2.7.2.104 BUT you have to DEACTIVATE "Traffic Meter" via the web GUI.

-> this should solve you issues

There are a lot a discussions here in the community regarding the "Traffic-Meter" bug.

Btw, also older firmwares are affected by this bug, so a downgrade would absolutely not help.

Message 11 of 46
vajim
Master

@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

@ChuckTbaum wrote:

You can stay at 2.7.2.104 BUT you have to DEACTIVATE "Traffic Meter" via the web GUI.

-> this should solve you issues

There are a lot a discussions here in the community regarding the "Traffic-Meter" bug.

Btw, also older firmwares are affected by this bug, so a downgrade would absolutely not help.

more misinformation

Im on a older version and have no such problem 

@Blanca_O 

@Christian_R 

when are you going to stop these personal attacks??

Message 12 of 46
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

@vajim wrote:

more misinformation

You have mentioned in another post that you have NOT enabled "Traffic-Meter" 😉

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orb-RB40-MAJOR-DNS-Issue/m-p/2074510/highlight/true#M117556

I also have not had this issues because I never had enabled "Traffic-Meter" and I'm on 2.7.2.104 !

Message 13 of 46
vajim
Master

@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

@vajim wrote:

more misinformation

You have mentioned in another post that you have NOT enabled "Traffic-Meter" 😉

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orb-RB40-MAJOR-DNS-Issue/m-p/2074510/highlight/true#M117556

I also have not had this issues because I never had enabled "Traffic-Meter" and I'm on 2.7.2.104 !

I don't need or want Traffic-Meter..................you are pointless

Message 14 of 46
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

@ChuckTbaum 

Just to make it clear:

- the DNS/disconnect issues are caused by a bug (which is present also in older firmwares)

- the issue has started at daylight saving (or a few hours later -> when "DHCP lease" renews the device IP)

- the best/easiest fix is to DEACTIVATE "Traffic-Meter"

Here are a few offical statements from Netgear:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orb-RB40-MAJOR-DNS-Issue/m-p/2074390/highlight/true#M117523

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/DNS-problems/m-p/2074345/highlight/true#M117514

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Daylight-Savings-Time-NTP-DNS-Issues/m-p/2074343/highlight/tru...

Message 15 of 46
vajim
Master

@BoilerPlate wrote:

Vajim's lack of knowledge and experience, your mileage may vary. >vajim. "you are pointless" User beware. Smiley Sad

Hey its Mr Boilerflat.....welcome......another troll

I missed your solution to fix all these firmware screw ups.  Help us out

@Blanca_O  @Christian_R more personal attacks

Message 16 of 46
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

To have a helpful information at the end of this thread, I repost the possible solution for the requester @ChuckTbaum again:

Just to make it clear:
- the DNS/disconnect issues are caused by a bug (which is present also in older firmwares)
- the issue has started at daylight saving (or a few hours later -> when "DHCP lease" renews the device IP)
- the best/easiest fix is to DEACTIVATE "Traffic-Meter"

Here are a few offical statements from Netgear:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orb-RB40-MAJOR-DNS-Issue/m-p/2074390/highlight/true#M117523
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/DNS-problems/m-p/2074345/highlight/true#M117514
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Daylight-Savings-Time-NTP-DNS-Issues/m-p/2074343/highlight/tru...

Message 17 of 46
vajim
Master

@Blanca_O 

@Christian_R 

Please look into this users signature file. 

@Ha_Ku_Na 

Clearly a violation of forum rules

Message 18 of 46
striker69
Star

I Had The Same Problem With RBK13, At First I Had To Reboot Every Day, Then A Few Times A Day. I Went Back To Previous Version Of Firmware. So Far So Good, It's Only Been One Day.

Message 19 of 46
vajim
Master

@striker69 wrote:

I Had The Same Problem With RBK13, At First I Had To Reboot Every Day, Then A Few Times A Day. I Went Back To Previous Version Of Firmware. So Far So Good, It's Only Been One Day.

One day with a previous version is better than a life time with one that disconnects several times a day

Message 20 of 46
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

@striker69 wrote:

Keep in mind. DCHP lease is usually set to 24h. Therefore you have to monitor this at least for more than 24h. If the porblem reoccurs try disabling traffic-meter. good luck

Message 21 of 46
vajim
Master

@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

@striker69 wrote:

Keep in mind. DCHP lease is usually set to 24h. Therefore you have to monitor this at least for more than 24h. If the porblem reoccurs try disabling traffic-meter. good luck

go back under your rock....this person is going back to a previous version.,,,,,you are pointless and rude

Message 22 of 46
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

@vajim Reflect your activity in this thread. -> no useful information from my point of view.

And please also read the community rules.

I attached them here.

C8F287B4-F13F-4828-A877-F2551DCF161B.jpeg

Message 23 of 46
vajim
Master

@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

@vajim Reflect your activity in this thread. -> no useful information from my point of view.

And please also read the community rules.

I attached them here.

C8F287B4-F13F-4828-A877-F2551DCF161B.jpeg

all will stop when you change you signature file

Message 24 of 46
vajim
Master

@Ha_Ku_Na 

actually this behavior appears to be the only way you receive kudo's  Thanks to @FURRYe38 

Message 25 of 46
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 45 replies
  • 22 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7