Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 magenta light and disconnect issue still with V2.0.0.74 and prior firmware

Montaj8
Aspirant

RBR50 magenta light and disconnect issue still with V2.0.0.74 and prior firmware

I have been experiencing daily disconnects every afternoon and evening on my Orbi main unit.  The disconnect is usually around the same time of day but not at the exact same time.  We get the solid Magenta light on the main Orbi every time the disconnect occurs.  

This  issue occurred both with the previous .18 firmware and has continued on the just released V2.0.0.74.  No change at all with the new firmware.  And yes, I even did a factory reset before installing the new firmware.  Strangely enough we didn't have any issues when we originally purchased the Orbi.  Maybe the issues are in the newer firmware(s) that supposedly were supposed to fix many other people on this forum's issues?

It's incredibly challenging for my wife to run her business at home with these disconnects.  Very frustrating.

can someone please help me resolve the issue???

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBR50 magenta light and disconnect issue still with V2.0.0.74 and prior firmware

Hello Montaj8

Have you made sure mumimo and beamforming are enabled in the advanced wireless settings? If so send me a PM with your Name email and phone number and I will have our support team work with you.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Montaj8
Aspirant

Re: RBR50 magenta light and disconnect issue still with V2.0.0.74 and prior firmware

I had tried enabling mumimo and beam forming on the previous firmware version and the signal became even more unstable. I haven't tried to re-enable yet on 2.0.0.74. I will try it one more time on the new firmware.
Message 3 of 4
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'll suggest one more thing - Try Turning off UPnP, since doing that the Orbi has been incredibly stable for me. This may not be the solution for every dropping issue but I know there are a lot of crap implimentations of UPnP out there, and the Orbi is not reselient enough to take those.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7