Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50.. my Openvpn worked great last year.. but it will not connect anymore for last 6 months or so

Spoongooner
Guide

RBR50.. my Openvpn worked great last year.. but it will not connect anymore for last 6 months or so

20220708_221417783_iOS.jpg

Last year... I had a RBR50 and a few satellites setup up for a small company ..

I set up the OPEN VPN on it so they could RDP into WINDOWS from home

it worked perfect with all clients

i could connect to the RBR network with my phone, my macbook, and my Windows 10 computers.

then about 6month to 12 months ago if just STOPPED

I have many other clients of mine using OPENVPN on the newer RBR750's and even a few RBR760's

it always works great.. but cant make a connection to the RBR50 anymore

Ive seen a few post about an expired certificate? but no mention on how to update it.

Just updated the RBR50 bios to latest.. and still no joy

the DNS on router refreshes and looks to be working correctly

Ive tried updating to a newer version of openvpn.. and also trying the oldest version listed on the website. no luck there either

my network adapter for TAP.. was renamed to NETGEAR-VPN

stock settings on router...  udp

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR50.. my Openvpn worked great last year.. but it will not connect anymore for last 6 months or

OpenVPN for Windows has a log file. (That might be what is displayed on that screen photo, but I cannot read it.)

Can you copy the log file and paste it into this conversation. (XXX out any sensitive information).

How do you verify that the DDNS entry is correct?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7