Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 not able to add additional satelites

pagnardc
Follower

RBR50 not able to add additional satelites

I have an Orbi RBR50 with an RBS50 satelite.  I have purchased 2 other satelites, another RBS50 and an outdoor extender I beleive is RBS50Yv.  I am unable to connect any other satelites to the system.  It will connect with the one that came with it, but not the other 2.  I have reset all the statelites and even the router itself and nothing works.  The satelite just blinks white for a few minutes and then turns magenta. I have pressed sync on all the devices so many times I cannot count.  Even putting the satelites in the same room as the router does not change the magenta color.  Please help!!!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 not able to add additional satelites

Probably need to update the newer RBS FW so that they are running the same FW version. 

What FW version do you have loaded on the RBR? 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR50 not able to add additional satelites

@pagnardc wrote:

I have an Orbi RBR50 with an RBS50 satelite.  I have purchased 2 other satelites, another RBS50 and an outdoor extender I beleive is RBS50Yv.  I am unable to connect any other satelites to the system.  It will connect with the one that came with it, but not the other 2.  I have reset all the statelites and even the router itself and nothing works.  The satelite just blinks white for a few minutes and then turns magenta. I have pressed sync on all the devices so many times I cannot count.  Even putting the satelites in the same room as the router does not change the magenta color.  Please help!!!

You are right to connect the satellite "in the same room" at first. It is much more convenient to have both devices close at hand (no rushing around the house) where they can be observed.  The Orbi User Manual on page 12 shows two methods of connecting a new satellite:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/Orbi_UM_EN.pdf 

Which have you tried?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7