Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 or RBR40, what is best for modern 2 story condo

GTSMike
Aspirant

RBR50 or RBR40, what is best for modern 2 story condo

I just bought a RBR50 for a 2000 foot 1 floor condo. since the router has to plug in to the WEBpass connection at the one end of the condo i got tired of having the signal drop when at the other end .  the RBR50 solved it but i see there is a RBR40 and since i need one for a 1100sqft condo also and the RBR40 is a lot cheaper i am thinking of ordering it. but that condo is two stories with a concrete and tiled floor on the 2nd level where the router would be. 

so 3 choices

1. get the RBR40 and try it.

2. get the RBR40 and switch it with the RBR50 in the 2000sqft condo that is only one level

3. suck it up and spend the money for the RBR50 because it will work with the two levels concrete floor and the RBR40 won't?

anyone had experiance with the RBR40 and a 2 level condo with concrete floors? (this is not a loft.)

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 or RBR40, what is best for modern 2 story condo

I have a CBK40 which is a RBR40 with cable modem built in. I have a 5000sqft home and modem/router is at one end upstairs and the satellite is at the opposiste end of the house at 40 feet in between. Both wireless and wired range, coverage and performance is great. 

Remember the base router can cover a good area and range. At least 30 feet depending upoin building materials. Your size of home, I would think the base and maybe one satellite should suffice...if you can place the main base centally on the main floor, should be all thats needed however again, depending upon building materials...

Message 2 of 4
GTSMike
Aspirant

understand about material. that is why i mentioned modern condo and concrete floor between the two levels. Before i had a 1930's house with latch and plaster walls. the plaster is on chicken wire. it was like being in a Faraday cage. i am sure the concrete floors are filled with rebar

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya, if you have some concreate, you may need to move the satellite a bit closer if your going to use wireless back haul between them....

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7