Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 "Connection Hell" since the new firmware update v2.5.2.4

gobananasnet
Apprentice

RBR50 "Connection Hell" since the new firmware update v2.5.2.4

RBR50 "Connection Hell" since the new firmware update v2.5.2.4. A few days ago everything seemed ok, all 30+ devices were connecting. Now since the firmware updated a few days ago 75% of our 30+ devices have a great deal of trouble staying connect. No change in devices or their locations. HELP!
Message 1 of 11
gobananasnet
Apprentice

I just updated the firmware manually to v2.7.0.70, and that only updates the main router and not the satellites. Apparently that manual firmware is only for the router as the satellites rejected this version when attempting to update them manually too, all via the web interface. Also, it has not helped connectivity. Most of our security system is down and many other important devices too. This is crazy making. HELP!

Message 2 of 11
Mikey94025
Hero

@gobananasnet wrote:

I just updated the firmware manually to v2.7.0.70, and that only updates the main router and not the satellites. Apparently that manual firmware is only for the router as the satellites rejected this version when attempting to update them manually too, all via the web interface.

There are separate firmware downloads for RBR vs. RBS.  If you try to upload the RBR firmware file to an RBS it will fail as incompatible.  Make sure you download the RBS50 firmware file from https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rbk50.aspx#download, unzip it, and select that file when manually updating each satellite.

Message 3 of 11
gobananasnet
Apprentice

Thanks, yes, I'm well aware of that. It was successful for the main router, but the Satellites it is not yet made for them it seems, only works on the router at this time. Satellites remain v2.5.2.4. Thanks

Message 4 of 11
EDR1
Guide

In the support section search for RBS50 - that's the satellite code - the download link from there seems to work for the correct satellite software to manually update.

Not sure what happened on the site as the release notes links all fail as well....

Message 5 of 11
gobananasnet
Apprentice

Thanks. Oddly enough that RBS50 firmware link was not there when I downloaded for the RBR50. Additionally surprising, I found that the satellites automatically updated their firmware over night. Now they all have v2.7..... We'll see if it will help, but so far we are still in "Connection Hell" most devices are showing offline, especially concerning since I must leave for a couple of days and many security cameras are in that offline state, but not all. UGH!

Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure you power OFF the RBR and RBS for 1 minute then back ON after a FW udpate. IF you still notice odd problems, try a factory reset and setup from scratch and check again. 

Message 7 of 11
gobananasnet
Apprentice

I had already done all of that. That problem remians unchanged. UGH!

Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Revert back to v16 on the RBS first, then RBR lastly. Reset and setup from scratch. 

Message 9 of 11
gobananasnet
Apprentice

"Connection Hell" remains unchanged. Seriously thinking Netgear has lost its way and should abandon for another manufacturer. This is insane what I'm dealing with. UGH!

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7