Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 rebooting and dropping wi-fi

dontcare
Tutor

RBR50 rebooting and dropping wi-fi

Hi,

My Orbi RBR50 plus satellite has recently taken to rebooting themselves (several times a day), and devices are unable to stay connected by wi-fi for more than about 15 minutes before the connection is dropped.  The main Orbi router is connected to a USP, so power stability is not an issue, but it still reboots itself periodically.  The situation is getting worse, and is not because I have upgraded the firmware on anything else has changed.  

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so found a solution?

Here's hoping, because this stuff is not cheap and my faith in Netgear is going............. Rapidly.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello dontcare

I suggest contacting support.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
dontcare
Tutor

If they were interested I might!  They don't care as I've had them longer than 3 months, so no more technical support.  Considering the price of these things, that is totally rubbish.  Based on what I have experienced, i would not advise anyone to touch them.  They do not produce what is promised and have been a total waste of money.  Fast Wi-Fi?  Try no Wi-Fi.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7