Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 router shows offline but satellite is has internet access!

Shakill
Aspirant

RBR50 router shows offline but satellite is has internet access!

I bought RBR50 yesterday and set it up with the mobile Orbi app. I didnt connect the router directly from ISP modem / router. i connected it from another router which is connected to the ISP modem/router, it has to be done like this because the ISP cable ended in one floor and i need the Orbi setup in another floor. In the Orbi app the router shows offline but the satellite shows its online and i get internet on my phones & tabs through the satelite but devices near the router do not get internet. Moreover my samsung smart TV which is just beside the satellite gets connected to the satellite but netflix or amazon prime do not work but youtube works! this is frustrating, someone pls help me!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

@Shakill wrote:

I bought RBR50 yesterday and set it up with the mobile Orbi app. I didnt connect the router directly from ISP modem / router. i connected it from another router which is connected to the ISP modem/router, it has to be done like this because the ISP cable ended in one floor and i need the Orbi setup in another floor. In the Orbi app the router shows offline but the satellite shows its online and i get internet on my phones & tabs through the satelite but devices near the router do not get internet. Moreover my samsung smart TV which is just beside the satellite gets connected to the satellite but netflix or amazon prime do not work but youtube works! this is frustrating, someone pls help me!

Did you set the Orbi router to AP mode, since you are connecting to another router?

Who is your ISP and what equipment did they provide?
What is the current firmware on your Orbi device?
What device name is your Orbi router connected to?
Did you reboot your router, before starting the Orbi router install?
Try these settings:
Disable Circle, Armor, Daisy Chaining, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and uncheck 20/40Mhz Coexistence.
Set Short preamble mode. Save settings, reboot Orbi.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
pablohoney
Luminary

Orbi has gone to crap lately with the incorrect attached devices list. Remote access via the app saying “the device is offline” yet showing as listed and green dot. Then it crashes!!
Message 2 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

@Shakill wrote:

Did you set the Orbi router to AP mode, since you are connecting to another router?

Who is your ISP and what equipment did they provide?
What is the current firmware on your Orbi device?
What device name is your Orbi router connected to?
Did you reboot your router, before starting the Orbi router install?
Try these settings:
Disable Circle, Armor, Daisy Chaining, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and uncheck 20/40Mhz Coexistence.
Set Short preamble mode. Save settings, reboot Orbi.

Message 3 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

@pablohoney wrote:
Orbi has gone to crap lately with the incorrect attached devices list. Remote access via the app saying “the device is offline” yet showing as listed and green dot. Then it crashes!!

I never find this issue with all the installs, as long as the system is set up properly and after firmware updates, the system is rebooted. 

I did, however experience a situation where I swapped out a satellite for testing purposes and didn't want to remove the disconnected satellite from the list. While that satellite was disconnected but left on list, the app and GUI showed totally wrong information. As soon as I removed the disconnected satellikte from the list, everything displayed properly. I mention this as this could be a reason for wrong displayed info. But again rebooting the Orbi usually solves this.

Message 4 of 6
Shakill
Aspirant

thank you!

putting the router in AP mode solved the problem 🙂

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Shakill wrote:

thank you!

putting the router in AP mode solved the problem 🙂

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7