Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 router won’t connect to orbi satellite

adiodoro
Follower

RBR50 router won’t connect to orbi satellite

My RBR50 can’t connect to my Orbi satellite. I’ve tried factory resetting, power cycling, unplugging from wall and plugging back in, but the router just won’t connect. The router is updated to the latest firmware, as is the satellite, but nothing seems to work. When I try to sync, both start to flash a white light , looking like they’ll connect , but my satellite ends up with a solid blue light and my router keeps blinking white before eventually turning solid pink, and my satellite’s light will turn off. This just started happening a couple hours ago, I had lost connection and when I started to try and reconnect it, it just wouldn’t do it. Help me please. Thanks.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 router won’t connect to orbi satellite

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR50 router won’t connect to orbi satellite

@adiodoro wrote:
My RBR50 can’t connect to my Orbi satellite. I’ve tried factory resetting, power cycling, unplugging from wall and plugging back in, but the router just won’t connect. The router is updated to the latest firmware, as is the satellite, but nothing seems to work. When I try to sync, both start to flash a white light , looking like they’ll connect , but my satellite ends up with a solid blue light and my router keeps blinking white before eventually turning solid pink, and my satellite’s light will turn off. This just started happening a couple hours ago, I had lost connection and when I started to try and reconnect it, it just wouldn’t do it. Help me please. Thanks.

As this web site indicates, when the satellite ring light turns solid blue for two minutes, that means it has a "good" connection.  It is supposed to turn off completely after two minutes of blue:

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean 

This indicates that the link between router and satellite is good, but the router is not connected to the internet as it should be.

I would try rebooting the modem and then rebooting the router.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7