Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 slowness

Salmon
Tutor

RBR50 slowness

Hello,

I've had my Orbi set up for 13 months now. One RBR50 router and one satelitte. It's been working fairly well, but lately I've been having some problems with connectivity and speed.

I upped the bandwidth from my internet provider - Charter - to 400Mb/s but am still only getting 40-60 Mb/s out of my Orbi.  This is with a wired connection.

I have hooked up my laptop directly to my modem and get over 200 Mb/s, which leads me to believe the problem is the Orbi router.

I have rebooted my entire system a number of times.

The Orbi firmware is up to date. v2.5.1.16

Why is the Orbi not giving me the bandwidth I'm getting from my modem?

Thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 slowness

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Is Armor or cirble or Traffic meter enabled by chance? 

Swap out LAN cables between the modem and RBR router. 

Has a factory reset on the RBR been performed and setup from scratch along with turning OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Is Armor or cirble or Traffic meter enabled by chance? 

Swap out LAN cables between the modem and RBR router. 

Has a factory reset on the RBR been performed and setup from scratch along with turning OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds?

Message 2 of 6
Salmon
Tutor

Thanks for the reply!

The modem is a Hitron model E31N2V1.

I'm not familiar with Armor or cirble or the traffic meter. I have not enabled any of these.

I'll try switching the LAN cables this evening.

I haven't done a full factory reset.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, keep us posted. Try a reset as well. I would power OFF the isp modem for 30 seconds then back on as well when you reset the RBR.

Message 4 of 6
Salmon
Tutor

I think you're right about the cables. 

I have a cable running from my router to a jack which my orbi (router) is plugged into. I then have a cable running to switcher then out to a number of other jacks in my house.

I plugged the orbi directly into the modem and a laptop directly into the orbi and got much higher speeds.

So, I think there's a problem with the jacks or the switcher.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it helped you figure it out. 

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo