Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 speed problem upload speed

Guyfromunion
Aspirant

RBR50 speed problem upload speed

So I just upgraded to 1GB internet service. And I'm getting 829MBPS download going into my Orbi. But when I connect anything to the back of the Orbi Rj45 ports, I get 332mbps download speed what the heck? how can I fix? i have the latest firmware.

Message 1 of 2
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: RBR50 speed problem upload speed

@Guyfromunion wrote:

So I just upgraded to 1GB internet service. And I'm getting 829MBPS download going into my Orbi. But when I connect anything to the back of the Orbi Rj45 ports, I get 332mbps download speed what the heck? how can I fix? i have the latest firmware.

What is your Orbi connected to and is it also a router?  Often when we see these wired speed degradations downstream from the Orbi, it's because of Double NAT and the speed hit is due to the inefficiency of two routers operating in series.  See the Double NAT references in the Community FAQ: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slo...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7