Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 system failure

jameswang510
Aspirant

RBR50 system failure

I have a RBK53 system which has been working perfectly for almost 1 year. However, 2 dyas ago, the router (RBR50) had some connection problems could not be solved by rebooting the system. So I press the reset button, but after that I failed to connect with the RBR50 because both SSID and IP address could not be found by either cellphone wifi or cable connection with a PC. The led light of RBR50 starts to blink in white and the power light stays in green. Now I put a cable in the LAN port of RBR50 and anthoer cable is used to link the RBS50 and RBR50 together. Surprisingly, it still has internet connection on the cable and the default SSID of the RBS50 can be connected by portable devices. When I power off the RBS50 the SSID will disappear. What seems to be the problem ? How am I suppose to repair the connection with RBR50 ?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

It would help if you comment on how the Orbi was set up.  For example, during the setup did you specify a name for the Orbi WiFi SSID that is different from the name that is printed on the label (on the bottom)?  I certainly did, because my practice is to name every new WiFi router exactly the same as the previous one so that I do not have to go around and reconfigure everything.  If done correctly, the reset process will set the SSID and password back to the original values (on the label).

During the factory reset, did the power LED turn amber, and then begin to flash amber?

Message 2 of 10
jameswang510
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply, the main problem now is I can not even set up the system by its APP not to mention rename the SSID name. During the factory reset, I saw the power LED light turn amber, and then begin to flash amber at the begining, however it became solid green at last. There was a time the LED turned amber, and then begining to flash amber a few times and it finally falshed red.

Message 3 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

Once it begins to flash amber, stop holding the paperclip in and begin the setup. Red is definitely bad. 

Message 4 of 10
jameswang510
Aspirant

I tried again few minutes ago, this time the LED was solid green no matter how long I held the paperclip, I think the router is doneSmiley Sad

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you access the RBRs web page after a reset? If so,Try this, download the FW file for the RBR on to a wired PC. I connect the wired PC to the RBR. If you can access the RBRs web page, resend the FW file for the RBR. After it completes, and reboots. Press the reset button for 15 seconds only on the RBR and then let go. Can you walk thru the setup wizard and complete it and set a new SSID and PW? 

@jameswang510 wrote:

I have a RBK53 system which has been working perfectly for almost 1 year. However, 2 dyas ago, the router (RBR50) had some connection problems could not be solved by rebooting the system. So I press the reset button, but after that I failed to connect with the RBR50 because both SSID and IP address could not be found by either cellphone wifi or cable connection with a PC. The led light of RBR50 starts to blink in white and the power light stays in green. Now I put a cable in the LAN port of RBR50 and anthoer cable is used to link the RBS50 and RBR50 together. Surprisingly, it still has internet connection on the cable and the default SSID of the RBS50 can be connected by portable devices. When I power off the RBS50 the SSID will disappear. What seems to be the problem ? How am I suppose to repair the connection with RBR50 ?

Message 6 of 10
jameswang510
Aspirant

I can not access the RBRs web page after a reset, because no IP address is sent to downstream devices by this RBR. The interesting thing is 2 RBSs are still working, I can access them by their own IP and WIFI SSID, however their WIFI have no internet connection but my PC can access to internet by wired to one of the RBS.

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, was wondering is all. Sounds like the RBR needs to be replaced then. Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 10
jameswang510
Aspirant

Indeed, but the NETGEAR refuse to give me a new one, they said if you cannot offer the purchase proof no warranty will be granted.Smiley Frustrated  

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Yep. Thats needed for most Mfrs for warranty support. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7