Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 system looking to enable IPV6

RacingSims
Follower

RBR50 system looking to enable IPV6

Hello and thank you. I just had my Cox technician over the house and after triubleshooting inconsistant internet I was told that (sorry I really don't understand) The Orbi system issues the IPV4 however it times out when issuing the IPV6.

Additional info: I have 3 total satellites 1 being the outdoor Orbi.

How can I enable the IPV6. My firmware is at V2.5.1.8. Again thanks in advance.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 system looking to enable IPV6

There is a IPv6 feature under Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/IPv6.

You'll need to get with your ISP and ask then how it should be configured if your ISP supports native IPv6. 

Message 2 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: RBR50 system looking to enable IPV6

@RacingSims wrote:

Hello and thank you. I just had my Cox technician over the house and after triubleshooting inconsistant internet I was told that (sorry I really don't understand) The Orbi system issues the IPV4 however it times out when issuing the IPV6.

Additional info: I have 3 total satellites 1 being the outdoor Orbi.

How can I enable the IPV6. My firmware is at V2.5.1.8. Again thanks in advance.

From COX:

Cox supports IPv6 in a way that is transparent to the customer experience. For customers with IPv6 capable devices and software, IPv6 will need to be enabled in your home equipment, if it is not enabled by default. Your Internet experience is provided using a mix of IPv4 and IPv6 that is transparent to the end-user.

So go to orbilogin.com , Advanced tab, Advanced Setup, IPV6 and make sure it is enabled. You will also have to setup IPV6 on the devices you want to use IPV6. If you do not wish to use IPV6, disable it, and according to COX it is transparent.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7