Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 that was working fine. Now I can't factory reset it. with xfi CGM4331COM

liquid1287
Tutor

RBR50 that was working fine. Now I can't factory reset it. with xfi CGM4331COM

I have an Orbi RBR50 router that was hooked up to my own arris modem. Satelite was hooked up via wired backhaul. Everything working fine. I was forced to upgrade to xfi for unlimited data. Xfi setup was fine and I switched it to bridge mode to keep using my orbi.  Rebooted everthing. Orbi would not connect to Xfi. After several reboots and power cycles I tried to factory reset. Pushed the reset button. After booting my old wifi name was there but no internet. I repeated a few times no success. Tried to setup new system via app. App would not connect to Orbi. I did factory reset. Held buton until it flased and waited. Orbi rebooted and same old wifi name came up. I did this 3 times. Old wifi kept coming back. I did hard reset. Held reset button for 30sec, pulled power with holding another 30sec, then applied power.  Orbi booted up tried to setup new system and old wifi came back again! I also reset the satelite. Nothing is working! Factory reset wont work. Orbi app won't connect. I was forced to abandon and use the Xfi back as a router. 

Any suggestions? I want to use my orbi not the xfi. But it won't reset and the app wont connect. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
vajim
Master

Re: RBR50 that was working fine. Now I can't factory reset it. with xfi CGM4331COM

wow, what a mess

I can only offer the following:

forget the app, too many problems being reported

i woud keep trying the factory reset

https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

sounds like you already knmow about this:

https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point

final recommendation:  if possible get a 'regular' non-wifi modem and run the orbi straight up.

Message 2 of 4
liquid1287
Tutor

Re: RBR50 that was working fine. Now I can't factory reset it. with xfi CGM4331COM

Well I reset it about 4 more times and it worked! No rhyme or reason but i got it working with the comcast modem in bridge mode. I also had to avoid the app and hard connect to the Orbi. BUT it's working!

Message 3 of 4
vajim
Master

@liquid1287 wrote:

Well I reset it about 4 more times and it worked! No rhyme or reason but i got it working with the comcast modem in bridge mode. I also had to avoid the app and hard connect to the Orbi. BUT it's working!

nice work...now go enjoySmiley Happy your favorite bevage as your Orbi does what it's suppose to do

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7