Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 to RBS50 reboot loses wired connectivity

Daleman1
Aspirant

RBR50 to RBS50 reboot loses wired connectivity

I have 1 RBR50 and two RBS50's in a large stone house. One of the RBS50's (satellite) has devices plugged into the RJ45jacks. Whenever I do a reboot i need to disconnect the RJ45's from the satellite router jacks, until the unit reboots. Then I can plug them back in. Tried different devices seems when anything is plugged into the router jacks on the satellite it wont complete the reboot process. Currently running V2.3.5.30 firmware. This is second firmware code and both have this bug.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 to RBS50 reboot loses wired connectivity

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?

Is Daisy Chain enabled or disabled on the RBR? Disabled is preferred when RBS is connected via ethernet wire. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

I don't see this with my RBK50 system and my RBS is wired behind 4 LAN switches in a basement. 

Message 2 of 4
Daleman1
Aspirant

Thanks for replying so quickly. See my comments below in red

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

ARRIS SB6190

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?

No switch on satellite-using 3 of the 4 switch ports provided on RBS50

Is Daisy Chain enabled or disabled on the RBR? Disabled is preferred when RBS is connected via ethernet wire. I just disabled and did a reboot-still have same issue. Needed to disconnect 3 ethernet cables reboot satellite and everything works

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? yes even swapped satellites (I have 2) and problem persisted - that shows me it's firmware issue

I don't see this with my RBK50 system and my RBS is wired behind 4 LAN switches in a basement. Do you use any of the ethernet ports on the RBS?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

I have a xbox and PC connected to my RBS. 

Have you tried just using 1 RBS while the 2nd is turned off? Just the RBR and 1 RBS. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7