Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 + two RBS50 -- No route between devices on LAN

txl
Follower
Follower

RBR50 + two RBS50 -- No route between devices on LAN

I have this issue intemittently.

I have an RBR50 with two RBS50 satellites.  Devices connected to satellite #1 cannot connect -- no route, host unreachable -- to devices connected directly to the router or to the other satellite (#2).  The WAN is accessible, however.  Rebooting the offending satellite (sometimes) cures the problem.  I would like a more persistent solution.

Suggestions?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 + two RBS50 -- No route between devices on LAN

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Try updating FW to v16 if this hasn't been tried. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR50 + two RBS50 -- No route between devices on LAN

@txl wrote:

Devices connected to satellite #1 cannot connect -- no route, host unreachable -- to devices connected directly to the router or to the other satellite (#2).  The WAN is accessible, however. 

Could you please describe the connection process.  i.e. trying to "ping" one device from another?  open a web site on a device?  stream a camera?  connect to a file server?

Do these devices have IP addresses "assigned" to them in the system?

Orbi is running as a "router" or an "access point"?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7