Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 unresponsive this morning.

Spazmonkey
Tutor

RBR50 unresponsive this morning.

Woke up to no wifi and internet today with my satellites glowing magenta. RBR50 is unresponsive and just pulses white. Can't connect to it via Lan using the web interface.

Did a factory reset which doesn't seem to do anything. Did a 30/30/30 reset to get the led on the back flashing red and flashed Firmware Version 2.7.4.24 to it using tftp.

Still exactly the same. 

I've never had an issue with it before and it's been faultless. I've not seen anyone mention issues with this model. Can anyone help please?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Spazmonkey
Tutor

Re: RBR50 unresponsive this morning.

Fortunately I'd ordered an RBK50 for my boss a couple of years ago which has been sat in our storeroom, as he's not too bothered.

I've grabbed that, and will use the RBR50 from it to recreate my network. Hardly a solution for others that may experience this, but rather than scour ebay for a 2nd hand unit I can get a brand new unit.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
Spazmonkey
Tutor

@FURRYe38 would you be able to advise?

I'm not sure what else I can try.

Message 2 of 6
Spazmonkey
Tutor

Fortunately I'd ordered an RBK50 for my boss a couple of years ago which has been sat in our storeroom, as he's not too bothered.

I've grabbed that, and will use the RBR50 from it to recreate my network. Hardly a solution for others that may experience this, but rather than scour ebay for a 2nd hand unit I can get a brand new unit.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like the one unit just died...

Message 4 of 6
Spazmonkey
Tutor

Looks like it.
New Rbr50 was a v2, but restored my backup to it, updated the firmware and synced my satellites and everything back up and running.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got something working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7