Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 w/ 2 Satellites Gaming High Packet Loss and Frequent Lag Spikes

MrHoffman
Follower

RBR50 w/ 2 Satellites Gaming High Packet Loss and Frequent Lag Spikes

I have an RBR50 Orbi Router along with the BGW210-700 from AT&T. At the start of 2020 we moved from a one story house to a two story house approximately 3,200 Sq Ft. The main Orbi Unit sits in the middle of the house on the first floor. My room is upstairs with one of the satellites located in my room connected by ethernet to my PS5. The other satellite is on the first floor on the other side of the house.

The main unit is between the two satellites so I have daisy chaining and fast roaming turned OFF.

I have MU-MIMO, UPnP, Implicit Beam Forming, WMM, 20/40 Mhz all turned ON. 

I have tried almost everything I can find on forums and even talked to support before our 90 days of support ran out but to no avail. I have tried putting the Orbi in Router mode and AP Mode. I have created port forwarding for my PS5 on the Orbi as a Router and on the BGW210-700 when Orbi is in AP mode. I have been using Googles DNS on my PS5 and I have tried switching to WiFi to connect to the satellite and then Wifi to the RBR50 main unit. I have locked the PS5 to 2.4 and to 5 ghz with both not helping much.

I get excellent download speeds when connected by ethernet to the satellite, 400mbps download and 40mbps upload. I only experience issues while playing Call of Duty, and that includes all Call of Duty games and Warzone. I have no other issues with other devices as they all work great. It seems to only be an issue with gaming on the Playstation. 

Sometimes I tweak some settings and everything works perfect while playing Call of Duty but then in a few days its back to high packet loss and high ping spikes that won't go away. This is the same when no one is on the wifi but me and when the whole family is on the wifi. 

Please help me as I can't seem to find any solution that works indefinitely. I don't want to run ethernet through the floor and walls, but I may have to.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 w/ 2 Satellites Gaming High Packet Loss and Frequent Lag Spikes

For gaming, wired ethernet is perferred and recommended. 

You might try using Power Line adapters between the RBR and your game console as this would help avoid installation of LAN cable in between. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7