Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 wired connections no longer work, wireless connections work fine

mmcdds
Follower

RBR50 wired connections no longer work, wireless connections work fine

My home network was working fine until we didn't have power with the winter weather in Texas the past several days.  After power returned, my network would not recognize any of the ethernet connected devices.  I have an Obi RBR50 (firmware 2.7.2.104) router with 2 satellites.  All of the wireless devices seem to function normally.  I have Xfinity internet connected to a Netgear CM700 cable modem, which i don't believe has any function as a router.  

CM700<---->Orbi RBR50<---->Synology NAS, classic MacPro, Drobo 5N + other wired devices through Netgear switches.

The classic MacPro and my Macbook Pro will both connect to the internet wirelessly.  When connected directly to the RBR50, through ethernet, both computers give me a "self assigned IP address" message.  I have changed the ethernet cable 2x between the CM700 and the RBR50 and did not seem to help.  Last night, I factory reset the RBR50 which seemed to make no difference to the wired connections.  The wireless connections work fine.  

Not sure where to go from here or if I am approaching this problem correctly.  Any help would be appreciated.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
vajim
Master

Re: RBR50 wired connections no longer work, wireless connections work fine

There are several reports of problems with (firmware 2.7.2.104)

you may want to roll yours back.  

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

@mmcdds wrote:

My home network was working fine until we didn't have power with the winter weather in Texas the past several days.  After power returned, my network would not recognize any of the ethernet connected devices.  I have an Obi RBR50 (firmware 2.7.2.104) router with 2 satellites.  All of the wireless devices seem to function normally.  I have Xfinity internet connected to a Netgear CM700 cable modem, which i don't believe has any function as a router.  

CM700<---->Orbi RBR50<---->Synology NAS, classic MacPro, Drobo 5N + other wired devices through Netgear switches.

The classic MacPro and my Macbook Pro will both connect to the internet wirelessly.  When connected directly to the RBR50, through ethernet, both computers give me a "self assigned IP address" message.  I have changed the ethernet cable 2x between the CM700 and the RBR50 and did not seem to help.  Last night, I factory reset the RBR50 which seemed to make no difference to the wired connections.  The wireless connections work fine.  

Not sure where to go from here or if I am approaching this problem correctly.  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 5
vajim
Master

There are several reports of problems with (firmware 2.7.2.104)

you may want to roll yours back.  

Message 4 of 5
F_V
Luminary
Luminary

In the router menu: Advanced, Router/AP mode does it say it's in Router mode?  Sounds like the DHCP server isn't issuing IPs to the wired devices.  Do all of your wired devices go through your switch or have you bypassed the switch and tried directly to a computer?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7