Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 with Firmware 2.5.1.8 PLEASE FIX THE FIRMWARE

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 with Firmware 2.5.1.8

Good. Be sure to make a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@radamo wrote:

Just did a manual update to Satellite and then Router for version 2.5.1.8.  All went smooth.  Things seem to be operating well.  Hopefully it will stay that way!

Message 26 of 41
radamo
Apprentice

Done!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 27 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 41
EchostormFury
Apprentice

I can confirm too, I did the automatic update to 2.5.1.8 and all my devices went missing.  Further the satellite backhauls were viewed as disconnected even though they worked.  But my devices kept conflicting IP's and caused numerous disconnects.  Had to revert and downgrade.

Message 29 of 41
radamo
Apprentice

So odd how everyone gets different results.  Since upgrading I have not had one issue.  System has been rock solid.

Message 30 of 41

When is Netgear going to fix this devices not showing up after Firmware update?

Seems like they are not going to work much for previous gear. Seemed that they where straight on it when it was new,

Now that it's a couple years old they just gonna patch a few security holes at best.? Starting to loose my fath in NG.

Message 31 of 41

Give it a bit, My worked fine too for a bit, then devices started not showing up.

I got a IP CAM, Ring style doorbell, a MS surface, a UPS, iPhone that don't show up in connected devices.

Everything worked fine, just hard to set static IP's when it looks as if it's not connected, but you kjnow it is...

Message 32 of 41
radamo
Apprentice

You said "static" IP's... have you tried using "Reserved" IP's instead?

Message 33 of 41

Yes, I have many IP's reserved, then a block dedicated for DHCP.

All my cameras, server,NAS's,UPS,Printers, etc I have reserved to avoid conflcts.

I have typicly 20-25 devices at a time connected, about 10 of which are mobile devices, laptops, iPads etc.

Most of the ethernet cabled devices are static and reserved.

Message 34 of 41

My setup:

RBR50, sat-RBS50, and sat-RBW30

Not usre if I stated in this post previously, but EVERYTHING connects fine, surfs, blasing fast wired or WiFi 5Ghz or 2.5Ghz and good coverage.

Just needed to be able to set some reserves and it would be nice if the network map worked as well which shows no devices connected to either SAT.

Message 35 of 41
radamo
Apprentice

I have a similar total number of devices but only reserve addresses for a few items (Receiver, PS4, ATV 4K).  Everything else I let use DHCP. I have DHCP enabled for all and the reserves are actually within the DHCP range. 

Message 36 of 41
theoak
Luminary

@EchostormFury wrote:

I can confirm too, I did the automatic update to 2.5.1.8 and all my devices went missing.  Further the satellite backhauls were viewed as disconnected even though they worked.  But my devices kept conflicting IP's and caused numerous disconnects.  Had to revert and downgrade.

I experience the same with 2.5.1.8.  My Orbi system is in Access Point mode.  I discovered that if I have Daisy Chain ON, the connected device list and Satellite connection status works fine.  If I turn it OFF, then I lose everything and the satellites show as disconnected.  It does show both satellites as connected to the router even with Daisy Chain ON.  Give that a shot?

That setting is found in Advanced - Advanced Setup - Wireless Settings - Backaul Topology.

Message 37 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

Next time try a factory reset on the RBR and RBS after updating FW. I'm on v2.5.1.8 and all devices appear. Mine was factory reset and setup from scratch

One thing about Daisy Chain, if it's not needed Turn it OFF on the RBR first before connecting or using any RBS. 

@EchostormFury wrote:

Message 38 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

Next time try a factory reset on the RBR and RBS after updating FW. I'm on v2.5.1.8 and all devices appear. Mine was factory reset and setup from scratch

One thing about Daisy Chain, if it's not needed Turn it OFF on the RBR first before connecting or using any RBS. 

@keithsplaceORBI wrote:

When is Netgear going to fix this devices not showing up after Firmware update?

Seems like they are not going to work much for previous gear. Seemed that they where straight on it when it was new,

Now that it's a couple years old they just gonna patch a few security holes at best.? Starting to loose my fath in NG.

Message 39 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to do a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@radamo wrote:

So odd how everyone gets different results.  Since upgrading I have not had one issue.  System has been rock solid.

Message 40 of 41

Yes it is strange that folks are getting varied results.. here is  the weird part. I switched back to older Firmware and everything worked.

Then set it all up at new house, fired up one device at a time, connected RBR50 router to new Cable modem, configured. Next pluged in  pluged in RBS50 other end of house, bam!. Pluged in RBW30 new patio Bam. Started up one device at a time till all desktops printers 

everything held the same IP's from the old house and all worked. Then while starting to get IP camera installed and connected, I have 2 that are wireless one is wired. All my desktops, laptops, iPads, iPhones, IP Cameras,DoorBell, NVR, BluRay Player,UPS, Firestick,Printers..

hell did I forget anything, oh yeah, IP power switch.. I have seen on occation 24 + devices..

Never have had an issue with bandwith slow down, or net speed as I have a pretty good connection at almost always over 450Mbps down and 25Mbps up..

Then some time later, this still with the latest Firmware things just started not showing up on the app, everything worked just needed to set a couple new IP's for New DoorBell and one wireless cam and noticed things were not showing up. Then on the network map only the router and Sats show up, no devices connected... but yet they are, I bet it's the electron gremlins'.

Message 41 of 41
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 40 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7