Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50

Homersignalman
Aspirant

RBR50

Hi,

I'm having problems updating the firmware of my new (obviously not the firmware) Orbi RBR/RBS 50. They were supplied with firmware v2.1.4.16 and I am trying to install v2.5.1.8 but without success. I read somewhere that I cannot update directly from the installed version but instead need to upgrade to an intermediate one and then update that to the latest. Does anyone know which version I can install to enable me to upgrade to v2.5.1.8

Any help greatfully recieved.

John

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Homersignalman wrote:

Hi,

I'm having problems updating the firmware of my new (obviously not the firmware) Orbi RBR/RBS 50. They were supplied with firmware v2.1.4.16 and I am trying to install v2.5.1.8 but without success. I read somewhere that I cannot update directly from the installed version but instead need to upgrade to an intermediate one and then update that to the latest. Does anyone know which version I can install to enable me to upgrade to v2.5.1.8

John

Stop do not pass go

lots of complaints about 2.5.1.8

if your system is working leave it alone 

Message 2 of 8
Homersignalman
Aspirant

Hi VAJim

The trouble is, it has never worked since I unpacked it 3 days ago. When I first turned it on I got a message saying Firmware update required and before I had a chance to read what else it said the deed was done and since then it won't connect to the Satellite or the modem. Perhaps you could reccomend an earlier version that I can update to that isn't riddled with problems.

John

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Homersignalman wrote:

Hi VAJim

The trouble is, it has never worked since I unpacked it 3 days ago. When I first turned it on I got a message saying Firmware update required and before I had a chance to read what else it said the deed was done and since then it won't connect to the Satellite or the modem. Perhaps you could reccomend an earlier version that I can update to that isn't riddled with problems.

John

I've been on 2.3.5.30 since October 2019 with no problems 

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need v210 to be applied to your RBR first before updating to any recent FW udpates. You can direcly apply v2.5.1.8 to the RBS first. Then apply v210 to the RBR then apply v30 or v2.5.1.8. V2.5.1.8 works as well. 

@Homersignalman wrote:

Hi,

John

Message 5 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

V2.5.1.8  does NOT work for many...ask NG support

Message 6 of 8
BigRune
Apprentice

No firmware is stable. Just return it. I am sorry, Orbi is a dead end.
Message 7 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@BigRune wrote:
No firmware is stable. Just return it. I am sorry, Orbi is a dead end.

many versions start out that way.

i've been on V2.3.5.30 since October 2019 and all apears well

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7