Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50

TFORREST
Tutor

RBR50

I purchased an ORBI almost 2 years ago and it's working great.  I have Router Firmware Version V2.5.1.8 installed.

I recently installed the ORBI apps on two of my Android products and noticed that not all of my connected devices were displayed, even though they are connected to my network.  I logged into the orbilogin.com site on my PC and verified that not all connected devices are shown, even though they were displayed previously.  I rebooted three of the devices, they all connected to the network, but they still didn't show up as connected devices even after clicking Refresh in the Orbilogin Attached Devices page.

Again, all of my devices are able to connect to the network, but many of them are not displayed as Connected Devices.  Is this an issue with the latest firmware update?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
TFORREST
Tutor

@tomschmidt wrote:

@TFORREST if upgrading to v2.5.1.16 fixed your issue, then please mark this as resolved.

Hi, I downloaded the update, but it didn't install.  I tried contacting Netgear tech support, but that was a waste of time.

Actually, I am just happy to learn what the problem was regarding my Connected Devices, so I can wait for the update to be pushed...no big deal.  Everything works fine with the Orbi, that is the most important thing.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

The v2.5.1.16 firmware release should fix this problem for you.  It includes some fixes for the device listings.  I have been running v2.5.1.16 for 5 weeks.

Message 2 of 9
TFORREST
Tutor

@tomschmidt wrote:

The v2.5.1.16 firmware release should fix this problem for you.  It includes some fixes for the device listings.  I have been running v2.5.1.16 for 5 weeks.

Thank you for your prompt response.  I actually checked for an update prior to writing my post and received the following:  "No new firmware version available."

I just did another check with the same result.  Do you have an idea when they'll push .16 out?

Message 3 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

You are caught up in the Netgear "firmware update conundrum".  2.5.1.16 is available on the Netgear support web site for those who wish to download and install manually.  They have not as yet made the Orbi web interface or "app" aware of it.

https://www.netgear.com/support/ Enter the model number and then select "Downloads".

Message 4 of 9
TFORREST
Tutor

@CrimpOn wrote:

You are caught up in the Netgear "firmware update conundrum".  2.5.1.16 is available on the Netgear support web site for those who wish to download and install manually.  They have not as yet made the Orbi web interface or "app" aware of it.

https://www.netgear.com/support/ Enter the model number and then select "Downloads".

Thanks.  Downloads didn't work, but I know what to do now because of your assistance.

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try these links for v16 FW:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-2-5-1-16-Update/m-p/1897955/highlight/tru...

@TFORREST wrote:

Thanks.  Downloads didn't work, but I know what to do now because of your assistance.

Message 6 of 9
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

@TFORREST if upgrading to v2.5.1.16 fixed your issue, then please mark this as resolved.

Message 7 of 9
TFORREST
Tutor

@tomschmidt wrote:

Hi, I downloaded the update, but it didn't install.  I tried contacting Netgear tech support, but that was a waste of time.

Actually, I am just happy to learn what the problem was regarding my Connected Devices, so I can wait for the update to be pushed...no big deal.  Everything works fine with the Orbi, that is the most important thing.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

First manually download the RBS and RBR FW files from here.

http://kb.netgear.com/en_US/000061838/

Unpack the FW from the .zip files. Be sure you unpack the .zip files before. 

Use a wired PC for this process. Safari(Mac), IE11(Windows), Firefox or Opera browsers are recommended.

Then send the RBR FW file lastly.

Factory reset the RBS and RBR and setup from scratch. After makeing sure the system works after setting up, be sure to make a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. This saves time if a reset is needed again.

I recommend keeping this method, as it's a proven method I and others have been using for years to update router FW.

@TFORREST wrote:

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7