Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50

dkstar22
Aspirant

RBR50

GM I would like to know if the satellite stays blue when  connected properly with the router 

Message 1 of 12

Re: RBR50

If you are asking about the working of your Orbi device, try posting in the section of this community for Orbi systems.

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

There is also support for the Orbi WiFi System, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> Orbi RBK50 | WiFi System | NETGEAR Support <<<<

Message 2 of 12
dkstar22
Aspirant

Re:

Good Morning, I just brought the orbi RBR50 the router on the main floor put the satellite up stair, my question is with satellite upstairs we still kick off the game my son is playing on his iPad

or slows down I was wondering if I have set up right, is the blue light on the satellite supposed stay blue  

Message 3 of 12

Re: Re:

I provided a link to the manual (see above). Look at the section Optional Orbi Add-On Satellite LEDs.

@dkstar22 wrote:
....is the blue light on the satellite supposed stay blue  

No.

For more, and probably better, advice, please post in the right section.

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

Message 4 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Re:

The ring at the top of the satellite turns blue for three minutes once it is correctly connect to the router.  Then it turns off.  Here is that section of the manual:

Orbi LEDs.JPG

What it your satellite doing?

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean

@dkstar22 wrote:

GM I would like to know if the satellite stays blue when  connected properly with the router 

Message 6 of 12

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@dkstar22 wrote:

Seems that there is some ambiguity.

The manual says:

For the Add-on satellite ring LED:

• Blue for three minutes. The connection between the satellite and the router is good.

But then it says:

• Off. The satellite synced to the router and is working normally.

What does Solid Blue mean?

My experience (three different satellites) is that when the Orbi satellite is connected and behaving as expected the ring light is off. The Blue phase is transitory, during setup.

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

From my experiences, when I see BLUE on solid, it's synced and connected to the base router during the setup of the base or satellite. OFF just means that everything is working correctly during normal operation. I believe some of the working of the support site could be updated to be a bit less ambiguous though. Smiley Wink

@ChristineT 

@michaelkenward wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@dkstar22 wrote:

Seems that there is some ambiguity.

The manual says:

For the Add-on satellite ring LED:

• Blue for three minutes. The connection between the satellite and the router is good.

But then it says:

• Off. The satellite synced to the router and is working normally.

What does Solid Blue mean?

My experience (three different satellites) is that when the Orbi satellite is connected and behaving as expected the ring light is off. The Blue phase is transitory, during setup.

Message 8 of 12
Chuck_M
Mentor

Solid continuous blue is not a normal condition and means that something unusual is going on.

Probably time to conduct a factory reset and/or update the firmware in the Orbi.

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Solid BLUE means the system got connected. Once the BLUE turns OFF after the period of time, then the system is working normally. 

Message 10 of 12

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I believe some of the working of the support site could be updated to be a bit less ambiguous though.

@ChristineT 

I'm not going to argue with that!

The KnowledgeBase needs constant attention to stay up to date.

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Agreed. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements