Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50

Tarheeldan
Aspirant

RBR50

Tried to upgrade (through "Check For Updates) Firmware from v2.3.1.60 to v2.3.5.30 and it gives me a message "There was a problem checking firmware update".  How do I overcome this problem? 

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50

Do you have any RBS? Please update the RBS first before the RBR if you do. 

Manually download FW files from the support site, unpack them and you can use the Manual FW update tab to select the FW file and manually update the FW yourself if you want to:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50.aspx

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? If there is a router here, this could be interferring with the FW update check process. 

Message 2 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@Tarheeldan wrote:

Tried to upgrade (through "Check For Updates) Firmware from v2.3.1.60 to v2.3.5.30 and it gives me a message "There was a problem checking firmware update".  How do I overcome this problem? 

Using the Orbi web interface or the Orbi "app"?  This forum seems to be cluttered with questions from people having issues using the app to upgrade firmware.  I, personally, use the web interface for anything important on the Orbi.

Message 3 of 6
Tarheeldan
Aspirant

my router is an Arris, model no, TG1672G provided by Spectrum.  Do you think that is the problem?  I tried to manually download the update and it shows up as "corrupted".

Message 4 of 6
Tarheeldan
Aspirant

I tried with the app and with my computer and neither one worked.

Message 5 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Another method with the computer is to do a "manual update".  First, navigate to the Netgear Orbi support web site and download the firmware files for RBR50 and RBS50.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBR50.aspx#download

Extract both zip files and place the ".img" files on the computer in a place that is easy to "Browse" to (I often use the Desktop).

First, connect to the web interface of each satellite using the IP address that is shown in the "Attached Devices" screen.

The satellite login is "admin" and the same administrative password as the router.

Select Firmware Update from the Home Page.

After updating all of the satellites, do the same thing with the router.

Log in, navigate to Advanded tab->Administration->Firmware Update->click on Manual Update.

Good LUck

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7