Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50

brg388th
Aspirant

RBR50

Just noticed my Orbi RBR50 with 3 satellites is no longer showing the connected devices on the iOS app or windows.  All of the devices are still connected to the internet and work just fine.  I'm just unable to see what is actually connected as the interface says 0 devices.  Any suggestions?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50

"All satellites are closer than 30 feet apart" This would be one problem.If there too close there is too much wifi over lap. 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Try a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch. I would turn OFF The RBSs for this. Don't enable Circle or Armor. Once you get the RBR setup again, test the connected devices by adding 1 or two devcies to the RBR. Check the status. They should appear in the RBRs web page and Orbi app. Be sure your Orbi apps is up to date as well. 

@brg388th wrote:

All satellites are closer than 30 feet apart.  I haven't changed anything in the settings or placement of the system.   Everything still works fine just can't see the devices listed in the interface in windows or iOS app.  All the devices still have internet and network connection to the ORBI and transfer speeds are still good.  Only problem with not seeing the devices connected is being able to see the IP address's in use.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you powered OFF the RBS and RBR, then power ON The RBR first then RBS then see if the devices are populated? 

Is Circle or Armor enbabled? 

Is Daisy Chain enabled? 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

@brg388th wrote:

Just noticed my Orbi RBR50 with 3 satellites is no longer showing the connected devices on the iOS app or windows.  All of the devices are still connected to the internet and work just fine.  I'm just unable to see what is actually connected as the interface says 0 devices.  Any suggestions?

Message 2 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@brg388th wrote:

firmware?

Message 3 of 7
brg388th
Aspirant

Firmware is latest - V2.5.1.8

Message 4 of 7
brg388th
Aspirant

All satellites are closer than 30 feet apart.  I haven't changed anything in the settings or placement of the system.   Everything still works fine just can't see the devices listed in the interface in windows or iOS app.  All the devices still have internet and network connection to the ORBI and transfer speeds are still good.  Only problem with not seeing the devices connected is being able to see the IP address's in use.

Message 5 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@brg388th wrote:

Firmware is latest - V2.5.1.8

that's your problem

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

"All satellites are closer than 30 feet apart" This would be one problem.If there too close there is too much wifi over lap. 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Try a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch. I would turn OFF The RBSs for this. Don't enable Circle or Armor. Once you get the RBR setup again, test the connected devices by adding 1 or two devcies to the RBR. Check the status. They should appear in the RBRs web page and Orbi app. Be sure your Orbi apps is up to date as well. 

@brg388th wrote:

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7