Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50v2 Admin password not working

awroehm
Aspirant

RBR50v2 Admin password not working

Message 1 of 16
No1Mportnt
Luminary

What happens when you try to enter the password?  Please provide as much information as possible.  

Message 2 of 16
awroehm
Aspirant

just said.  didn't work.  try again...and again....i tried 'forgot password' and i get error code 404

thx

Message 3 of 16
awroehm
Aspirant

exact words.  "login failed. Please re-enter the correct admin password for your NETGEAR router".

Message 4 of 16
plemans
Guru

If the password is wrong/doesn't work and you're unable to complete the password recovery option (or didn't set it up), then you'd need to factory reset to get back in. 

Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. 

Message 5 of 16
awroehm
Aspirant

still does'nt work.  same error message

Message 6 of 16
plemans
Guru

After a factory reset it doesn't work? 

Are you trying the defaults?

login: admin

password: password

have you tried a different browser/pc?

Message 7 of 16
awroehm
Aspirant

yes

Message 8 of 16
plemans
Guru

yes to what. 

yes you tried a different pc and browser? 

Yes to you tried the defaults?

What device are you using? 

What browser are you using? 

have you tried pushing reset for 30 seconds while its powered on? 

Message 9 of 16

@awroehm wrote:

yes

Just as "not working" is a hopeless diagnostic description – did it ever work or has it suddenly started? – single-word answers get us nowhere. 

We know next to nothing about things at your end.

For example, what is the  modem in front of this Orbi device?

On which, you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

Message 10 of 16
JYDLC
Aspirant

I also have the RBR50v2 with 2 x RBS50 and I am also experience  login issues via the Orbi Android App. I can still log into the router via my internet explorer browser(www.orbilogin.com) but the app on my phone just stopped working. I am also getting the same error when i try to log in: "login failed. Please re-enter the correct admin password for your NETGEAR router".

My issues started after a firmware update from 2.7.2.102 to 2.5.1.16, Yes thats right to an older FW version. I had alot of issues when i went from 2.5.1.16 to 2.5.2.4. I hoped that upgrading to 2.7.2.102 would fix my issues but it did not and my issues remained the same (my issues were about the router dropping device connections and the lan ports not working). Up to this point i could login to my router via both the android app and pc web brower. My android app login failure issued started to happend after i went from FW 2.7.2.102 to 2.5.1.16. 

I tried to uninstall the app on my phone and re-installing it but it didnt help. As of now i cant use the android app but i can login through my web browers. I am really frustrated at this point with my Orbi and just considering tossing it in the trash and going with another brand. I am going to give it one last shot this weekend to see if a factory reset helps.

Here is my original post it want to read it:

Re: FRUSTRATED WITH MY ORBI RBR50v2 AND RBS50's! K... - NETGEAR Communities

Help us Netgear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont leave your paying customers hanging!

Message 11 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this over in the Orbi app forum:

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

@JYDLC wrote:

I also have the RBR50v2 with 2 x RBS50 and I am also experience  login issues via the Orbi Android App. I can still log into the router via my internet explorer browser(www.orbilogin.com) but the app on my phone just stopped working. I am also getting the same error when i try to log in: "login failed. Please re-enter the correct admin password for your NETGEAR router".

My issues started after a firmware update from 2.7.2.102 to 2.5.1.16, Yes thats right to an older FW version. I had alot of issues when i went from 2.5.1.16 to 2.5.2.4. I hoped that upgrading to 2.7.2.102 would fix my issues but it did not and my issues remained the same (my issues were about the router dropping device connections and the lan ports not working). Up to this point i could login to my router via both the android app and pc web brower. My android app login failure issued started to happend after i went from FW 2.7.2.102 to 2.5.1.16. 

I tried to uninstall the app on my phone and re-installing it but it didnt help. As of now i cant use the android app but i can login through my web browers. I am really frustrated at this point with my Orbi and just considering tossing it in the trash and going with another brand. I am going to give it one last shot this weekend to see if a factory reset helps.

Here is my original post it want to read it:

Re: FRUSTRATED WITH MY ORBI RBR50v2 AND RBS50's! K... - NETGEAR Communities

Help us Netgear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont leave your paying customers hanging!

Message 12 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Orbi app and Android is working for me here;

Screenshot_20210108-102820.pngScreenshot_20210108-102839.png

Message 13 of 16
vajim
Master

not sure how helpful this is.  so it's working for you....what does that mean?

Message 14 of 16

@vajim wrote:

not sure how helpful this is.  so it's working for you....what does that mean?

It means that some people do not have problems. (Me neither.)

When troubleshooting any issue you need as much information as possible. A problem that afflicts everyone is actually easier to fix. It means that the software is seriously broken.

That only some people have been clobbered means that it helps to try to work out why some suffer while others don't.

However, "it works for me" doesn't add much to our understanding if where to look for clues.

Message 15 of 16
vajim
Master

@michaelkenward wrote:

@vajim wrote:

However, "it works for me" doesn't add much to our understanding if where to look for clues.

Thanks 

That was my point. The sad part is that I've seen that type of attitude over and over.

We're all in here to try and help by offering real life experiences.  

thanks again 

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7