Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50v2 - No Internet

ajredaelli
Tutor

RBR50v2 - No Internet

I just bought the RBR50v2 Router with a Satellite. I went ahead and setup the router. I have a strong signal, however, I wasn't able to connect with my phone. When I tried to connect my Roku and the Amazon TV - same result. Eventually I received a "strong signal" message, but I also received a No Internet Connection  Available message.   By the way, Amazon TV says "Signal Strength; Good" "Connected with problems" Security "WPA2 PSK"

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for any assisstance. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
Dannyv
Aspirant

Re: RBR50v2 - No Internet

Having the same problems since the new update today
Message 2 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

It is usually a good idea to know what the Orbi WAN (yellow) jack is connected to.  (specific brand & model)

and, how did you set up the Orbi router (Orbi web interface with a web browser or the Orbi "app"?)

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 4 of 8
ajredaelli
Tutor

I used the app to connect it. 

Message 5 of 8
ajredaelli
Tutor

I will check into all of these. I can't right now because I work from home and I am not connected to the Orbi. Not sure about the firmware. It's about 1900 Sq. Ft home. Not connected to the satellite yet. When I checked it I was literally next to the Orbi and the TV was just about 20 feet away. 

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, check the suggestions when you get a chance. 

Message 7 of 8
ajredaelli
Tutor

Will do - thanks!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements