Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50v2

rbraun01
Aspirant

RBR50v2

After latest version update, I am forced into performing new setup 4 to 5 times a week. My pass through gateway is a fios router which is working because my tv is able to stream when the Orbi is down? Anyone with answers?

Message 1 of 4
vajim
Master

Re: RBR50v2

@rbraun01 wrote:

After latest version update, I am forced into performing new setup 4 to 5 times a week. My pass through gateway is a fios router which is working because my tv is able to stream when the Orbi is down? Anyone with answers?

Lots of problems with the latest firmware 

noted problems 

daylight saving time 

traffic monitor 

unckeck or make adjustments 

a search here for more details

Message 2 of 4
rbraun01
Aspirant

No resolve! Configuration has never been changed and no answer to problem,

Please update to fix problem which the Orbi breaks its link and will not reconnect.

Must perform new setup each time. 
No direct support by Netgear is getting disturbing! 
This happened after an update.

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@rbraun01 wrote:

There have been dozens of posts about Orbi systems losing the ability to resolve Domain Names, which create the appearance of "No Internet".  Netgear engineers communicated that there is a coding problem in the Traffic Meter feature in which the automatic adjustment for Daylight Saving Time cases the DNS process to fail.  Restarting the router is a temporary fix (not "new setup") and the permanent fix is to not enable Traffic Meter.

Is it really necessary to perform a complete setup?  (Just restarting does nothing?)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7