Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 Dropping Connections

User196851
Tutor

RBR750 Dropping Connections

I have RBR750 Orbi with base and two satellites. For the most part, things working fine. All wired connections working and I can connect wireless devices and get Internet. However, wireless devices keep dropping wifi. We have iOS, Android and other types and the issue is consistent across all types of devices. In some cases, simply going to the phone's WiFi settings and selecting the home network reconnects immediately, in other cases there is a "no Internet" and it takes about 5 minutes before the connection stabilizes and becomes reliable. Sometimes, WiFi will remain connected for days, sometimes it drops off again in just a couple of minutes. I might have working WiFi just fine, and my wife sitting next to me doesn't. Sometimes it's the opposite. In other words, there is no consistency other than everyone on the house has trouble with WiFi dropping out on their phones.

Firmware is up to date. SSID is a non-standard name. I have both 2.4 and 5 GHz enabled and Orbi automatically assigns "_5G" to the end of the SSID on the 5G band (i.e. I have no option to make the SSID the same for both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands). I've looked elsewhere and followed other troubleshooting instructions, but they have been, shall we say, less than helpful.

Hope Netgear is here and can help. I'd rather talk to a person, but I'm past 90 days.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 Dropping Connections

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7