Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 ORBI Blocking my laptops

Pirana
Follower

RBR850 ORBI Blocking my laptops

I have a RBR850 Orbi with 2 satellites.  Its been working great, but recently it blocked 2 of my laptops from accessing the internet although they are both connected to the router (I can print wirelessly)...when I look into the Orbi App, all desktops or laptops (cant really figure out which one is which) are all ALLOWED and NOT blocked.  Under the list of blocked devices, none appear.  Very frustrating...both laptops can access the internet with a hot spot or another wifi location.

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR850 ORBI Blocking my laptops

(just my opinon), but I am much more comfortable looking at the Orbi web interface. On the Advanced Tab, Security Menu, Access Control.

Does it show Access Control "on" or "off"?

For some reason, many people have issues with the way Orbi handles resolving internet names into IP addresses. (DNS).

Are these laptops able to 'ping' internet resources by IP address, but not by domain name?

i.e. ping 1.1.1.1

Does this work?

If so, ping one.one.one.one

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

@Pirana wrote:

I have a RBR850 Orbi with 2 satellites.  Its been working great, but recently it blocked 2 of my laptops from accessing the internet although they are both connected to the router (I can print wirelessly)...when I look into the Orbi App, all desktops or laptops (cant really figure out which one is which) are all ALLOWED and NOT blocked.  Under the list of blocked devices, none appear.  Very frustrating...both laptops can access the internet with a hot spot or another wifi location.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progess on this? 

@Pirana wrote:

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7