Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 issues with Xbox downloads and windows update

Sahayes
Follower

RBR850 issues with Xbox downloads and windows update

So when I try download windows updates or Xbox updates or games it never really gets going. It will usually just time out and not be able to download anything.

Once I bypass the Orbi and go directly into my modem which is a Pace 5268ac (att gigapower) it starts right away and gets 300-400 MBs. I’ve replicated this multiple times.

Anyone else seeing these issues? Any known fixes? I have the orbi in Router mode with and have it configured for DMZplus on the att modem since there is no true bypass. That gets rid of the double NAT. Only reason I don’t run it in AP mode is then I wouldn’t have upnp.
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR850 issues with Xbox downloads and windows update

@Sahayes wrote:
So when I try download windows updates or Xbox updates or games it never really gets going. It will usually just time out and not be able to download anything.

You may not be aware that Netgear has a community forum specifically intended for the new "AX" series products.  People who watch that forum may have more useful experience than those of us who watch this forum and have the older residential WiFi5 products.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7