Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS 20 status stays on Config Sync

DeanB1452
Apprentice

RBS 20 status stays on Config Sync

I have a RBK53S system with an additional RBS20 satellite.  One RBS50 is wired while the other is wireless for backhaul.  The RBS20 is wired.  I have updated the RBK53 system to firmware v.2.7.0.70.  Backhaul status is good for both of the RBS50's.  The RBS20's firmware is updated to the latest...v2.6.1.38 but it stays in the config sync state.  Any idea on how to get the status out of config sync?  Was working fine when the whole system was on v2.5.1.16.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DeanB1452
Apprentice

I had done reboots and even downgraded the RBS20 back to 2.5.1.16 before.  Then I upgraded back to .38 and was having issues even with factory resets.  I went ahead and held in the reset button for 15+ seconds and it came back online with a good backhaul.  Once I rebooted the router, the status of the RBS20 was back to config sync.  Even when I power cycled the satellite it stayed on config sync until I factory reset it again.  I just did a factory reset of the whole system and everything seems to be online again.  Router and RBS50 satellites (one ethernet, one wireless) are on v2.7.0.70 and the RBS20 (ethernet) is on v.2.6.1.38.  Let's see if it still holds up in the morning or when I reboot the router again.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

Factory reset the RBS20 Satellite and resync

Message 2 of 3
DeanB1452
Apprentice

I had done reboots and even downgraded the RBS20 back to 2.5.1.16 before.  Then I upgraded back to .38 and was having issues even with factory resets.  I went ahead and held in the reset button for 15+ seconds and it came back online with a good backhaul.  Once I rebooted the router, the status of the RBS20 was back to config sync.  Even when I power cycled the satellite it stayed on config sync until I factory reset it again.  I just did a factory reset of the whole system and everything seems to be online again.  Router and RBS50 satellites (one ethernet, one wireless) are on v2.7.0.70 and the RBS20 (ethernet) is on v.2.6.1.38.  Let's see if it still holds up in the morning or when I reboot the router again.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7