Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS-40 Non-Working Piece of Junk

ksd823
Aspirant

RBS-40 Non-Working Piece of Junk

Purchased a two unit RBR-50 and RBS-50 set that has worked fine. However - the RBS-40 that was purchased at the same time has never been able to connect. When it is plugged in Wi-Fi is blocked on all devices. Wired connectivity through the RBR-50 still works.

If you look in the RBS-50 console you can see it - but no Address or Firmware info.

Orbi Connected but not there.JPG

RBR-50 and RBS-50 are running V2.1.1.16 - I keep upgrading hoping that this piece of junk will finally connect. Of course I didn't have time to sit on the phone with "support" in the first 90 days so now they tell me I'm pretty much out of luck.

Have done all the resync processes - factory reboot evenything I can find on the forums with no luck. Thought I might be able to connect to the SSID on the lable on the bottom directly and upgrade the firmware that way. 

Is it possibly to direct connect to the unit to update the firmware? Is there any other steps I can try to salvage this purchase? It's an expensive paperweight.

Model: RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBS-40 Non-Working Piece of Junk

You can try to direct connect to it and use 192.168.1.250 and see if that prompts the login for admin/password.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
ksd823
Aspirant

Re: RBS-40 Non-Working Piece of Junk

I will give that a try - I was assuming that it would pick up an address from the existing network. Will that address be available from the wired as well as wireless side?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7