Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS 50 Sattelite Failed

SSTURN
Aspirant

RBS 50 Sattelite Failed

I bought my RBR50 in May 2017.  Up until now, I have been extremely happy with the reliability and the ease of use.  It has basically been set it and forget it.  Two days ago I noticed that none of our devices downstairs (where the stellite is located) had WIFI, but they were showing that they were connected to the sattelite.  Trying to troubleshoot this was difficult as our devices, the base unit, and app were still recognizing the sattelite.  I figured out the problem when I disconnected the sattelite and everything connected to the base unit and had WIFI. I rebooted everything (modem, router, and sattelite) and that didn't help.  All firmware is up to date.  I then factory reset everything and re-setup.  After the reset the base could not recognize or sync with the sattelite.  For the price, I feel like the life of the units should have been longer.  The cost of replacing the sattelite is only slightly less than replacing the whole unit so that is not an option.  Now that there are so many other less expensive, extremely competitive systems, if I have to replace the system every few years, I think it is time to move on from Orbi.  I welcome any and all feedback.  Thanks.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS 50 Sattelite Failed

So did you try to sync the RBS to the RBR while having the RBS near the RBR after the reset? 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)?

Message 2 of 4
SSTURN
Aspirant

I tried many times with the satellite next to the base. It was never recognized.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Check and see if the RBS is using same version of FW or even if you can access it's web page. 

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS. Factory reset the RBS, wait about 5 minute. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password.

IF not or the RBS is using same version of FW as the RBR, probably the RBS has gone bad. Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7