Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS 50 fails speed test

BHHJR
Tutor

RBS 50 fails speed test

My Orbi keeps saying it’s failing to run a speed test and reboot the router. I have done it several times to no avail. 

Message 1 of 5
st_shaw
Master

Re: RBS 50 fails speed test

I believe there is a problem with the Ookla server used by the Orbi app for the speed test.

If you want to run a speed test, just use a speed test app or website on your client device.

Message 2 of 5
BHHJR
Tutor

Thanks.  I have run the Ookla speed test which is fine.  So looks like the speed test in Orbi has a problem, not my router. 

Message 3 of 5
GerryJ99
Aspirant

Same here. Speed test works using Ookla app on iPhone and iPad (tested with 3 different servers), doesn’t work on Orbi iPhone/iPad app or web. Orbi doesn’t give option to change Ookla server, just says if problem persists try rebooting your router (which I did to no avail). 

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

NG has been reporting saying that this is there service issue and is aware of it. Keep using the external speed test apps for now until NG fixes this.

@GerryJ99 wrote:

Same here. Speed test works using Ookla app on iPhone and iPad (tested with 3 different servers), doesn’t work on Orbi iPhone/iPad app or web. Orbi doesn’t give option to change Ookla server, just says if problem persists try rebooting your router (which I did to no avail). 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7