Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS20 - Blinking white light and red blinking power button - won't update or reset

sepatterson86
Aspirant

RBS20 - Blinking white light and red blinking power button - won't update or reset

My Orbi RBS20 Satellite has been blinking with a white light on the top and the power button blinks red.  My other satellites have the most current firmware, but this one won't update.  I've tried every tip and trick I've found online, but nothing works.  I cannot reset the device, the 30-30-30 technique doesn't work.  I tried removing the device from the network and then re-syncing it, and now I can't even do that.  It just blinks and nothing else.  Is this product just defective? I'm at a loss

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS20 - Blinking white light and red blinking power button - won't update or reset

Try swapping power adapters with on of the other RBS adapters to see if this changes anything. 

Press the reset button for 15 seconds then release. Do anything different? 

If not, RBS is probably faulty and needs to be replaced. 

Message 2 of 3
sepatterson86
Aspirant

Re: RBS20 - Blinking white light and red blinking power button - won't update or reset

Unfortunately, that didn't make a difference.  Thank you for the suggestion, though!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7