Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS20 FW got corrupted during upgrade to V2.7.4.24

rzippelius
Aspirant

RBS20 FW got corrupted during upgrade to V2.7.4.24

I tried to upgrade my RBR20 plus 3 RBS20 to the V2.7.4.24 FW version. The upgrade worked fine for the RBS20 and two of the 3 RBS20 satellites, but it looks like the FW of the 3rd satellite got corrupted during the upgrade. It is unreachable and when doing a reset I get a green power light for a few seconds and then it starts blinking. I tried the factory reset and the TFTP upgrade process described elsewhere, but without success. Does someone have a recipe for how to resuscitate a RBS20 that got bricked during the FW upgrade process?

What it the IP address the RBS20 comes up after a factory reset? Does someone have details on the RBS20 behavior, when it recognizes that it's FW is corrupted? Does it try to fetch a fresh FW image from a specific IP address or is it reachable via TFTP under a specific IP address?

Message 1 of 2
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBS20 FW got corrupted during upgrade to V2.7.4.24

Hello rzippelius,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you were successfully able to all but one of your RBS20 satellites. This can happen when an unforeseen error occurs while to update is taking place. 

Please PM the following information so I can endorse you to our support team:

Name:
Email:
Phone Number:
Device Model:
Firmware:
Serial Number:
Preferred time to be contacted:
App version:

Please provide this information as soon as possible!
I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7