Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS20 Poor Backhaul Status

wisesam
Aspirant

RBS20 Poor Backhaul Status

Hi Everyone. Just wondering if anyone experienced a sudden poor backhaul/disconnects? My orbi runs fine where they were in the last 1.5 years.

Now it's been a week where the satellite just won't sync to the router. I even put them close to each other within a meter and it shows "Poor Backhaul Status" The moment I put it back where it was then it'd just disconnect.

In dillemma whether I should get another RBS20 (1.5 years running and started doing this? shocking quality) or newer Orbi and don't learn my lesson after 1.5 years with Orbi or switch brand.

Anyone has similar issue? firmware is the latest V2.7.3.22 for both router and satellites. Certainly not happy with this **bleep**ty quality Orbi

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS20 Poor Backhaul Status

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

Message 2 of 5
wisesam
Aspirant

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Not sure it is fibre broadband modem to ethernet

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

around 180m2

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

building made by bricks

distance about 15m away (in the last 1.5 years)

distance now 1m away (with poor backhaul status)

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

yep 4 detected from PC

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

Yep

Seemed like the satellite is faulty

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Try placing the RBS closer to the RBR. Say 5-10 feet closer? 

Message 4 of 5
wisesam
Aspirant

At the moment rbs20 can’t go more than 1m off rbr20.

I’m changing product, orbi good only for less than 2 yrs
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7